BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I created an excel file for my job which contains some information which will be used in my code.This excel file will be updated twice a month depending on information provided from other people.

My sas job should run daily.What i am trying to achieve is if the excel file is modified with in the past day or today then it should trigger the sas import i created which reads the excel file and creates a sas dataset.

How to check the last modified date for excel file and if it's updated with in last day or today then trigger the import job to create sas permanent file

Thanks for your support

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Are you running this off a desktop install or do you have SAS DI Studio or access to a scheduling tool to batch process your files?

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

I am running this off of base sas desktop install

error_prone
Barite | Level 11

Solve this problem with the scheduling features of your operating system. 

Getting file-information in SAS is possible with the functions fopen and finfo -> check the documentation, there is an example showing how to get file-information.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation