BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

Can you please let me know good books for sas programmers (intermediate to advanced)

Is there any SAS COOKBOOK?

I want a book with lot of sas codes and examples.
8 REPLIES 8
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm not sure what you mean by "cookbook", but there are lots of good code examples in books by Lauren Haworth, Ron Cody, Michele Burlew and Art Carpenter on general data manipulation and reporting topics (DATA step, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, SAS Macro Facility and SAS/GRAPH). You can find their books (and more) by going to the SAS publishing site.
http://support.sas.com/publishing/ and if you go here https://support.sas.com/pubscat/complete.jsp you can browse the catalog by product/solution.

Stat coding examples are too numerous to mention. You'd have to pick your stat task and just go searching.

More recent books by Kuhfeld cover the new SG Procedures and GTL. I know I'm forgetting folks who have good books and for that, I apologize. I just listed the ones that I can see on my bookshelf. And, of course, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, I have heard that folks find the "Output Delivery System: The Basics and Beyond" to be useful. I, personally know that it contains a lot of code!

cynthia
tbellmer
Fluorite | Level 6
One of the best ways to learn SAS programming is to purchase the study guides to get certified. There is a base and advanced book available. The base book is a bit pricey at $129.00 but it does have over 800 pages of material with extensive code examples written by the SAS Institute.
Quentin
Super User
Hi,

You can't go wrong with any of the authors Cynthia mentioned. When I hear 'example' I think of Cody's Learning SAS by Example: A Programmer's Guide.

The other thing to do is start reading SUGI/SGF proceedings. Lots of excellent papers, and lots of sample code. And it's all free. Use lexjansen.com to search.

--Q.

Message was edited by: Quentin Message was edited by: Quentin
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ballardw
Super User
Have you exhausted the Sample programs in the Learning to Use SAS in the online help?
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8
Thank You all for your replies
PatrickG
SAS Employee
There aren't -- to the best of my knowledge -- any O'Reilly books (including a "cookbook") on SAS. But the other books listed above are all good ones.
chang_y_chung_hotmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

> Is there any SAS COOKBOOK?

Rick Aster's Professional SAS Programming Shortcuts comes closest. Browse this page for code samples and topics.
wensui
Calcite | Level 5
i'd like to recommend an old book "sas system: a programmer's guide" by aronson. Message was edited by: wensui

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 in conversation