BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ambadi007
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Experts,

I am getting the below error while importing the excel file

ERROR: The setting of the SYSPRINT option to "PDFCreator#:1 (redirected 2)" will be ignored  because "PDFCreator#:1 (redirected 2)" is not the name of a currently installed printer.  This error may be due to changes in SYSPRINT option syntax.  Please refer to your host companion for details of those changes.

I have attached the code also for the reference, Please provide me any solution for this error

proc import out = sic 
   datafile = "R:\CDW Reporting\Input Data\SIC Sector Subindustry Lookup" 
    dbms = excel2000 replace; 
   getnames = yes; 
    run; 
7 REPLIES 7
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

This doesn't really have anything to do with proc import.  You have, either in your session or setup files: options sysprint...

Setup to a printer that you no longer have mapped.  Check:

http://support.sas.com/kb/1/701.html

Sort out the options statement to a printer you have, or map that named printer.

Reeza
Super User

Your code doesn't point to an Excel file but to a directory. Do you really have an Excel 2000 format file? 

ambadi007
Quartz | Level 8

Hi the file SIC Sector Subindustry Lookup is an excel file and the type of file is :-   Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls)

Reeza
Super User

Set DBMS as XLS or EXCEL. 

Set datafile to the full path ofthe Excel file including filename and extension. 

Read the log carefully, the Error you've posted appears from a different part of your code, not the IMPORT procedure. 

ambadi007
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

The error message is not showing when I closed and submitted the programme again, Now it is perfect with out any changes.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions and advices ..

ballardw
Super User

If you are running parts of code by selecting them in the editor and then running highlighted code sometimes you miss something that should be highlighted. That can lead to some very interesting errors.

catnipper
Calcite | Level 5

I had the exact same problem. I switched printer preferences while having SAS open. 

Closed program and re-ran same code and it worked just fine. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation