BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ertr
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone,

I have a very large data set which includes many variables. I want to learn Missing percentage for every variables based on Column. The first thing coming to my mind is using the PROC TABULATE. I try to use the following code but this did not give my desired output. I prepared a sample code and desired image as below. Can somebody help me, please?

Additively, I have hundreds variables in my data set. Is it possible to write macro code to get whole variables's Missing percentage more easier?

Data Have;
Length Variable1 8 Variable2 8 Variable3 8 Variable4 8 Variable5 8 Variable6 8 Variable7 8 Variable8 8;
Infile Datalines Missover;
Input Variable1 Variable2 Variable3 Variable4 Variable5 Variable6 Variable7 Variable8;
Datalines;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
. . 3 4 5 6 7 8
. . . 4 5 6 7 8
. . . . 5 6 7 8
. . . . . 6 7 8
. . . . . . 7 8
. . . . . . . 8
. . . . . . . .
;
Run;

PROC TABULATE DATA=HAVE;
	VAR Variable1 Variable2 Variable3 Variable4 Variable5 Variable6 Variable7 Variable8;
	TABLE /* Column Dimension */
Variable1*(N NMiss) 
Variable2*(N NMiss) 
Variable3*(N NMiss) 
Variable4*(N NMiss) 
Variable5*(N NMiss) 
Variable6*(N NMiss) 
Variable7*(N NMiss) 
Variable8*(N NMiss)
;
RUN;

Desired.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ertr
Quartz | Level 8

Any idea about this subject?

ballardw
Super User

Proc tabulate will not use the result of one statistic to calculate another. Either a couple passes through the data, proc summary to get the n and nmiss and then a data step for the percent or possibly proc report which will allow you to use results of statistics to calculate using the column results.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Or, you could do this in PROC REPORT. The code would be a bit verbose, but very do-able. It really depends on what you already know and whether you have the time to learn PROC REPORT if you don't already know it.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation