BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
HugoR
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello

Is there any function that allows me substract information rigth to left data?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

1. DONT YELL. ALL CAPS IS YELLING AND YELLING IS RUDE, ESPECIALLY WHEN ASKING FOR HELP. 

2. You show us what you have but not what you need. 

3. Your vague comment about zeros makes me suspect you want to remove leading zeroes. If that's the case, convert the character variable to a numeric variable.

If not, post what you have and what you want, as text, not an image. When you post an image, if you want code as help, are you expecting us to type out your data to test it? Help us help you by making the problem clear and as easy to follow as possible. Please consider taking some more time to illustrate your problem. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your question is not clear but I suggest you check out the REVERSE function to see if it fits your needs. If you want further help please provide an example of what you want.

HugoR
Fluorite | Level 6
HELLO SASKIWI THE INFORMATION IS NOT EQUAL, I NEED TO EXTRACT FROM RIGHT TO LEFT AND DO NOT INCLUDE THE ZERO THAT ARE TO THE RIGHT
HELP.png
Reeza
Super User

Probably but what does subtract mean? Are you referring to the mathematical operation? Or a string operation? Or something else.

As indicated your question is vague, please post some example data and what you expect output. Otherwise, I suggest googling: SAS Functions by Category 9.4

One of the first results will be the documentation which lists functions by category and you can find one or several that will help you accomplish what you need. 

HugoR
Fluorite | Level 6
>HELLO REEZA THE INFORMATION IS NOT EQUAL, I NEED TO EXTRACT FROM RIGHT TO LEFT AND DO NOT INCLUDE THE ZERO THAT ARE TO THE RIGHT
HELP.png
Reeza
Super User

1. DONT YELL. ALL CAPS IS YELLING AND YELLING IS RUDE, ESPECIALLY WHEN ASKING FOR HELP. 

2. You show us what you have but not what you need. 

3. Your vague comment about zeros makes me suspect you want to remove leading zeroes. If that's the case, convert the character variable to a numeric variable.

If not, post what you have and what you want, as text, not an image. When you post an image, if you want code as help, are you expecting us to type out your data to test it? Help us help you by making the problem clear and as easy to follow as possible. Please consider taking some more time to illustrate your problem. 

HugoR
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Reeza for your recommendations And I apologize for the caps, I did not know that rude.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation