BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Realised that today's date is 12/13/14 in mmddyy8. format!

What are some other dates & their SAS format that you've come across that you remember?

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

04OCT2014 & 19MAY1987

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Ahhhhhh the SAS date numbers: 20, 000 and day 10,000 formatted in date9. format! :smileycool:

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Thought that you'll get what this is about.

JerryLeBreton
Pyrite | Level 9

Ahhhhhh, indeed.

Now, did you realise SAS day 20,000 (4Oct2014) is the anniversary of the launch of Sputnik 1 in 1957?

And SAS day 10,000 (19May 1987) is the anniverary of the launch, in 1971, also by the USSR, of Mars 2 - the first man-made probe to reach the surface of Mars.

So, by choosing 1Jan1960 as day zero, were the SAS founding fathers subtly celebrating the USSR's achievements in the space race?

Just a thought.

Lex_SAS
SAS Employee

How about 10/11/12   (or was it 11/10/12) ...  depends where you are ...  Aaaaaarg!

Seriously, the only date format that I really like to see is ISO 8601, being the only universal date format. (2012-10-11)

Lex @SAS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation