BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
podarum
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,  I have 300 applications that applied within a 12 month window.  Eg. Aug'2015 t Jul'2016 (call these APP_Dates). These are in TABLE A.  I also have TABLE B with a whole bunch of performance data for 3 years starting Sep'2015 all the way up to Jan'2018 (call these PERF_Dates).  I want to find the performance for each application for exactly 18 months from the APP_Date + 1 .  So an application from Aug'2015 I would have their performance info from Sep'2015 to Feb'2017.. and so on for each account.   It is possible that some applications do not have any performance data or some may only have a smaller limited amount (eg. less then 18 months).

I tried the below but that still gave me everyone.

where intck('month',a.CreationDate,b.Proc_Dt) <= 19

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You should invert the two dates

where intck('month', b.Proc_Dt, a.CreationDate) <= 19

PG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You should invert the two dates

where intck('month', b.Proc_Dt, a.CreationDate) <= 19

PG
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Please provide some example data you have and the output you want. We never no how you data looks like unless you show us.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
ballardw
Super User

So, which of a.creationdate and b.Proc_dt is your APP_date? Your PERF_date? Discussing date in one term and the showing code using different variable names doesn't help.

If your all of you b.Proc_dt is before a.creationdate then all of the intck values are negative and you would get the behavior you describe (assumes the data is joined on some other variables that make sense).

You might have to post some example data in the form of data steps and the actual code you ran for a good diagnostic.

Were there any interesting notes in the log?

podarum
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks everyone for your help.    I used this and it works fine:

where intnx ('month',app_date,1) <=Perf_date <=intnx('month',app_date,19)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation