BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi experts.

Do you guys have any idea, on how to find all programs that use a certain libname ?

This should look for it in all folders and paths.

To be more specific, maybe use shell commands to do this, but my idea is to put libname's names in a macro

and do this multiple times for every libname in our server.

Maybe create a list with libname and programs beside.

Do you guys have any idea how to do this ?

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Which OS are you using?  If Windows then:

findstr /n /i /c:"abc" *

Assuming abc is the libname.  Other searches here:

https://www.computerhope.com/findstr.htm

However that being said, the question here is why.  You should have one of the following:

A fixed set of libnames started at the session

A fixed structure which all code performs to

Documentation on programs which do not conform to a structure

So the question is why you need to go through this process, as a) it will take a lot of time, not just getting the list, but parsing it and checking for all potentials, but b) might not even be right, I mean you could have other references, filerefs etc. setup for this.

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm using batch shell (Unix).

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Simple answer, you can't.

A SAS program can be stored anywhere, and it could be submitted from anywhere within your environment restrictions (which usually could still be quite vast).

Agree with @RW9, why? Lineage I presume.

You can do Lineage with any stuff stuff that is aligned with your system architectural, design and documentation (meta data etc). All other programs should not be of the system owners concern.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation