DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Find / Locate a field / variable by its label from datasets under a directory

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor zz
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Find / Locate a field / variable by its label from datasets under a directory

Could someone help how best I can go about finding which dataset a field is in by the field label from a group of datasets please?  Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-16-2016 09:48 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: Find / Locate a field / variable by its label from datasets under a directory

By "field" I assume you mean variable?  If so then look in SASHELP.VCOLUMN (or DICTIONARY.COLUMNS for SQL).  These hold the metadata for all the datasets in the SAS system.  If you don't mean the above, please provide some examples of what you mean.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-16-2016 09:48 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: Find / Locate a field / variable by its label from datasets under a directory

By "field" I assume you mean variable?  If so then look in SASHELP.VCOLUMN (or DICTIONARY.COLUMNS for SQL).  These hold the metadata for all the datasets in the SAS system.  If you don't mean the above, please provide some examples of what you mean.

Contributor zz
Contributor

Yes, it is. Thanks!
Super Contributor

Contributor zz
Contributor

Thanks!
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation