BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
5 REPLIES 5
Sabharish
Fluorite | Level 6

I need to specify the starting row like 4th row while exporting it into excel file

Reeza
Super User

Well your question is still a bit vague.

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/A_Poor/Rich_SAS_Users_Proc_Export

Or or look at ODS EXCEL and include 4 blank titles. 

Sabharish
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a dataset to be exported in excel. After exporting it in excel the first row of my dataset should in 4th row of the excel file. How can it be done.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

There are various fixes you can try.  @Reeza has provided one above by adding titles in for the four blank lines.  If you want variable names on the first line and data four after that then add blank rows to the dataset.  

Generally if I need to do anything in Excel - it being nothing like any proper data capture/manipulation software - I would use Excel to do it.  Export data from SAS as CSV - very simple.  Then in Excel write some VBA which opens the CSV and puts/processes the data exactly as needed in that file (note the VBA does not need to reside in the same file).  Although I would generally avoid Excel unless it was absolutely necessary.  Why do you need it to start there?  Do you have a template file or something (more reason to use VBA)?  If not then starting at A1 would seem like the most sensible method.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation