BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rhys
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm running a proc cluster on a linux sas server. and producing a proc tree png which gets exported to a windows location. During this process the height and width of the pixels gets reset and the dendrogram is unreadable. 

I've given up trying to fix that as I've noticed a few problems when converting files from linux to windows using base sas code, where as exports seem to work fine.

So my question is, can I create a loop in Enterprise Guide; SAS Step to run cluster and tree, an export step, next loop, with a work table to control the loops?

Rhys

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Try defining heights and widths in terms of a different unit, cm or in. Pixels are always dependent on the display system.

And maybe sent the result to RTF. You don't mention which output destination you are actually using.

Reeza
Super User

Yes, this would be a basic macro loop. The other option, create a macro and use CALL EXECUTE within a dataset to execute N times. 

See documentation under Call Execute for an example.

I think when transferring files from Linux to Windows you need to do a binary transfer to ensure it comes across correctly. I think I recall hearing this, but if it sounds like gibberish please ignore this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation