BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SAS 9.4, Windows 7

Capture.PNG

If you click on the Explorer Window and then Tools->Options->Explorer, you can check the box next to Member Details, which then shows Rows and Columns in the Explorer Window. However, it's not "sticky", when you close SAS and re-launch SAS, the box next to "Member Details" is unchecked. Is there a way to make this permanent/sticky so I don't have to click this box every time I launch SAS?

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JodyC_SAS
SAS Employee

SAS Problem Note 18092 states, 'To make this option the default for all SAS sessions, add the -DETAILS system option to your SASV9.CFG file'. 

http://support.sas.com/kb/18/092.html.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ballardw
Super User

One way would be Tools>Options>Preferences and on the General Tab set "Save settings on exit".

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

This doesn't seem to work for me.

--
Paige Miller
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Try to enter a command in the autoexec file.

If I undestood correctly what you want, then try:

dm 'nums on; cols on';

I can't test it and I'm not sure about the syntax.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'm going to guess the answer is No.  This is based on the fact that I don't see an entry for this in the "registry" (which you can invoke on the command bar as REGEDIT).  But some of those other options on the dialog are represented.

dmexp.png

FWIW -- and you might know this -- you can invoke the options window quickly with the DMEXPOPTS command.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I see what you mean, @ChrisHemedinger. Unless someone else has a brilliant idea, I will mark your answer correct in a few days.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

@PaigeMiller wrote:

This doesn't seem to work for me.

I know I have this option set but not remembering exactly how since it has been a long time since I did this the first time.

Perhaps make sure the option is active in Explorer and the Explorer window is active. Then issue a WSAVE command from the command box.

I do see in my SASUSER.PROFILE catalog WSAVE entries for Explorere_1 and Dockstate (I have the contents of library show in a separate explorer section than the libraries/favorites etc section.) And the columns I have set for the details keep the sizes shrunk but show the Description width enough to read.

I wrote program long ago, maybe 10 years that exports my profile with proc cimport that I run before changing SAS versions and then re-import in the new version with proc catalog. But I know I had to do something manually that first time long ago.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have previously tried WSAVE and it had no effect on this particular issue.

--
Paige Miller
JodyC_SAS
SAS Employee

SAS Problem Note 18092 states, 'To make this option the default for all SAS sessions, add the -DETAILS system option to your SASV9.CFG file'. 

http://support.sas.com/kb/18/092.html.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation