BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm currently trying to generate a sas file in my web page and then execute the sas file from my "C#" web page.   The sas file i'm creating has macros that references.  I would like to know what the best approach would be to execute this file on my web server? I've used sas to execute the file in the past, but would like to know if there are better options with IOM that could do this faster and cleaner.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Using the COM objects that are available through the Integration Technologies Client from SAS (which is IOM) would be the cleanest way to accomplish your described tasks.  There are tons of example available for this using the various .NET languages such as C# and will work with either local or remote SAS installations.

Here is a link to the documentation you need, this is version 9.2:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/itechwcdg/61500/PDF/default/itechwcdg.pdf

The next best resource are the Windows Help Files (.chm files) that come along with the client installation, which you can download for free from the SAS webpage, if you do not have it install already and do not have an accessible software depot with it.

SAS Institute Inc. Software Downloads

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you FriedEgg,

I will do more research on your suggestions and I will post my conclusions.

Thank you so much.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi FriedEgg,

Do you know if SAS offers any training classes on integrating SAS and Microsoft .Net?

Thank you,

Jerry

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Jerry,

I am not aware of any current training classes that focus on the SAS/Integration Technologies suite.  There are plenty of additional resources online through papers published at various SAS conferences over time.  One such resource from Chris@SAS's blog may be a good starting point for you as it comes with a nice introductory section and a copy of the paper's code on GitHub.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2013/06/09/sas-client-with-microsoft-dot-net/

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Aside from my paper that referenced, I have a book about using .NET to build custom tasks in SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office:

http://go.sas.com/customtasksapi

I am also currently working on a building a course (offered through SAS Education) that covers this topic.  (Internal SAS test teach is next week!)

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.  This is a massive project I'm working on and any help is appreciated.  I have create a website that creates data files on demand for many users simultaneously.  I want to make sure I start off using the correct approach.

Thank you again for your help.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Not knowing the project, I would first question whether building an entire application is necessary for this, or whether it can be accomplished through a using stored procedures deployed as web apps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation