DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Example of a stored process containing generic SAS program text to run under old text editor

Valued Guide

Example of a stored process containing generic SAS program text to run under old text editor

Could some send me an example using clear text generic SAS code(stored process) that I could update(edit) and execute  using the 'old text editor(1980), SAS without mouse surfing.

I am a programmer and have an aversion to using the 'mouse' to create SAS(stored process) code or use mouse surfing.  

I can set up a local host with appache, xamp and sql server.

Is it possible to create a clear text generic(non EG/UE/SAS Studio) SAS stored process script that I can edit the code, call and run in the old text editor, preferably from a command line,  function key or mapped mouse action  that would.

Do a simple process (frequency of 'make' variable in sashelp.cars)

==> zeus  frq make in sashelp.cars 

where zeus is the localhost running SAS

I can easily do the process in the 'old text editor'  without a 'stored process'

Trusted Advisor

Re: Example of a stored process containing generic SAS program text to run under old text editor

Posted in reply to rogerjdeangelis
I'm pretty sure I do not understand your question. But, try looking at PROC STP, I think this is what you're describing?
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation