BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

Could some send me an example using clear text generic SAS code(stored process) that I could update(edit) and execute  using the 'old text editor(1980), SAS without mouse surfing.

I am a programmer and have an aversion to using the 'mouse' to create SAS(stored process) code or use mouse surfing.  

I can set up a local host with appache, xamp and sql server.

Is it possible to create a clear text generic(non EG/UE/SAS Studio) SAS stored process script that I can edit the code, call and run in the old text editor, preferably from a command line,  function key or mapped mouse action  that would.

Do a simple process (frequency of 'make' variable in sashelp.cars)

==> zeus  frq make in sashelp.cars 

where zeus is the localhost running SAS

I can easily do the process in the 'old text editor'  without a 'stored process'

1 REPLY 1
FriedEgg
SAS Employee
I'm pretty sure I do not understand your question. But, try looking at PROC STP, I think this is what you're describing?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation