BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rookie72
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to load sas dataset into teradata table. I am creating a new teradata table and then using insert into statement to load the data from SAS dataset to teradata table. I have written the following code to achieve the goal. But I am getting the following error message. I have never encounter this error message before and I have no idea what this means. Can some one please help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks

ERROR: Commit: Options Parcel information is invalid.

ERROR: ROLLBACK issued due to errors for data set TERAU.sa_dca.DATA.

libname terau teradata user=xxxx pass="&xxx" tdpid=xxx database=xxxxxx bulkload=yes;

proc sql;
connect to teradata(user=xxxx pass="&xxx" tdpid=xxx);
exec(commit) by teradata;
exec(drop table sa_dca) by teradata;
exec(commit) by teradata;
disconnect from teradata;
quit;

proc sql;
connect to teradata(user=xxxx pass="&xxx" tdpid=xxx );
exec (commit) by teradata;
exec (create table sa_dca
(var1 float
)
primary index (var1)) by teradata;
exec (commit) by teradata;
quit;
RUN;

proc sql;
insert into terau.sa_dca (FastLoad=yes Sessions=4)
( select var1
from dcindex);
quit;

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Where did the error occur?

Also why are you working so hard to drop/define the tables? Just tell SAS to do it.

Something like this:

libname terau teradata user=xxxx pass="&xxx" tdpid=xxx database=xxxxxx bulkload=yes;

proc sql noprint;

drop table terau.sa_dca;

quit;

data terau.sa_dca (fastload=yes dbcreate_table_opts=''primary index(var1)'' );

set dcindex (keep=var1);

quit;

rookie72
Calcite | Level 5

The error is coming at the insert into step.

Even when I am running the code that you provided, I am getting the same error. I have never encountered this error before. Is it possible that some kind of teradata driver missing from my PC?

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Best to ask SAS Support. They have SAS/Teradata joint team that has been very helpful to me for the little I have used Teradata so far.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation