DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Error message displayed when launching batch

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error message displayed when launching batch

Hello

I am not sure this is the right subforum. I am trying for a couple of hours to create a batch that will be manage by Windows Task manager.

My .bat file is stored in the same folder than the program I am calling and contains the following:

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\SAS.exe" Batch.sas -NOLOGO -ICON

The program "Batch.sas" contains the following:

%include "D:\myotherprogram.sas";

When I double-click on the .bat file, SAS is launched but a popup shows and displays "This window is unavailable in line-mode". The only information I found is from SAS support site at 44705 - The message "This window is unavailable in line-mode" is displayed after submitting a progra... but the explanation are not clear (to me at least) as I cannot put in comments the single program line I have!

I guess it has to do with the %include instruction not allowed in a batch file but I really need to call a program (yes I could directly submit "myotherprogram.sas" into the batch but that does not work either as it contains %include clauses too).

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-22-2013 08:42 AM
Respected Advisor

Re: Error message displayed when launching batch

I would say that the SAS program you %include is executing one of the offending statements mentioned in the Tech Support document.

Have you looked myotherprogram.sas or any of the files that it %INCLUDES?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-22-2013 08:42 AM
Respected Advisor

I would say that the SAS program you %include is executing one of the offending statements mentioned in the Tech Support document.

Have you looked myotherprogram.sas or any of the files that it %INCLUDES?

Trusted Advisor

In addition to what data _null_; has said, I have no problem submitting batch jobs that contain %include statements, so %include is not the problem. The problem is clearly the contents of your %include file.

Contributor

Thank you both. I feel stupid now! The offending statements were in myotherprogram and SAS support tip was correct. It is just that I kept focusing on the first program.

Thanks again

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation