BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ntro
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I am not sure this is the right subforum. I am trying for a couple of hours to create a batch that will be manage by Windows Task manager.

My .bat file is stored in the same folder than the program I am calling and contains the following:

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\SAS.exe" Batch.sas -NOLOGO -ICON

The program "Batch.sas" contains the following:

%include "D:\myotherprogram.sas";

When I double-click on the .bat file, SAS is launched but a popup shows and displays "This window is unavailable in line-mode". The only information I found is from SAS support site at 44705 - The message "This window is unavailable in line-mode" is displayed after submitting a progra... but the explanation are not clear (to me at least) as I cannot put in comments the single program line I have!

I guess it has to do with the %include instruction not allowed in a batch file but I really need to call a program (yes I could directly submit "myotherprogram.sas" into the batch but that does not work either as it contains %include clauses too).

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I would say that the SAS program you %include is executing one of the offending statements mentioned in the Tech Support document.

Have you looked myotherprogram.sas or any of the files that it %INCLUDES?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I would say that the SAS program you %include is executing one of the offending statements mentioned in the Tech Support document.

Have you looked myotherprogram.sas or any of the files that it %INCLUDES?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

In addition to what data _null_; has said, I have no problem submitting batch jobs that contain %include statements, so %include is not the problem. The problem is clearly the contents of your %include file.

--
Paige Miller
ntro
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you both. I feel stupid now! The offending statements were in myotherprogram and SAS support tip was correct. It is just that I kept focusing on the first program.

Thanks again

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation