BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I am keen to learn Base SAS, so I have downloaded Oracle VM VIrtual Box and Sas University Edition for my Learining and Practical Purpose.

I have confiured the Oracle VM Virtual Box and created a folder in C Drive as "C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Test" and configured as Shared folder in ORacle VM(Setting---> Shared folder).

I have created a text file(Emp_test) in  C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Test and tried to access through SAS Studio

data emp_test;
infile '/folders/myfolder/Test/emp_test.txt';
input emp_no emp_name $;
run;

proc print data=emp_test;
run;

But the Base SAS code throws an error as 

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /folders/myfolder/Test/emp_test.txt.

Request to help me to overcome this issue. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You should set the shared folder to the myfolders not the Test directory, you've set it to the Test directory. 

You can use this, but it's a different structure. I suggest setting it to myfolders first to get the basics going. 

Your code should work after this is fixed. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
collinelliot
Barite | Level 11

Looks like a case senitivity issue to me. Make sure your path and file are correct in terms of capitalization.

Reeza
Super User

Typo.

It's myfolders 

You're missing the s. 

Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Even I have changed the code like below

data emp_test10;
infile '/folders/myfolders/Test/Emp_test.txt'
dlm=',';
input emp_no emp_name $;
run;
proc print data=emp_test10;
run;

But still getting the same error

collinelliot
Barite | Level 11

To me that error means that the file is not there, so double check the path and file name and be sure to make sure that the case is correct?

Reeza
Super User

Post your full log.

Also, include snapshots of your myfolders and shared folders set up, it's possible something went wrong there.

Did you restart your VM after setting up the shared folders?

Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Herewith attached the log, Shared folder Screenshot and File Resides Path Screenshot.

Even I have restarted the VM.File Resides path.png Shared Folder Set up.png

Reeza
Super User

You should set the shared folder to the myfolders not the Test directory, you've set it to the Test directory. 

You can use this, but it's a different structure. I suggest setting it to myfolders first to get the basics going. 

Your code should work after this is fixed. 

Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your help... Now I can able to access External file from SAS Studio.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation