BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ken_oy
Fluorite | Level 6

I started getting this error after I switched to Windows7 with SAS 9.3.

This error happens randomly, especially after running long programs or macro do loops.

If I delete everything in the "results" window, or run macros one by one instead using loops, I would rarely see this errors.

I am not sure if it is a memory related issue. I got a intel i7 3.4Ghz 64bit windows7 machine with 16G of RAM.

I did a search on google, I redirected my WORK folder to the root of my C:\ as someone suggested, but it does not help.

I also tried to direct my log file, output file to other directory, but it did not help either.

Anyone encounters the same issue? Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help.

errors in log windows:

"

NOTE: Numeric values have been converted to character values at the places given by: (Line):(Column).

57:93    57:120   60:93    60:120   63:69   

NOTE: There were 15 observations read from the data set WORK._COUNTS.

NOTE: The data set WORK.FLAG_TOTAL_STUDY_COORDINATOR_ has 3 observations and 5 variables.

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for library WORK.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE SORT used (Total process time):

real time           0.03 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jwsquillace
SAS Employee

As Art says, there are SAS Notes on this topic.  Based on the fact that you received the error after initialization, I would look at these two notes first:

38896 - Possible conflict between Microsoft Security Essentials and SAS® 9.1.3 and SAS® 9.2

40459 - Adding the location for the SAS WORK library to the excluded files and locations list in Microsoft Security Essentials

for SN 38896, SAS 9.3 is also included even though it is not in the title.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Although I have not had the problem myself, there are a number of notes on SUPPORT.SAS.COM relating to this error (which is fairly generic and could have lots of causes).  Perhaps one of those notes will be helpful.

jwsquillace
SAS Employee

As Art says, there are SAS Notes on this topic.  Based on the fact that you received the error after initialization, I would look at these two notes first:

38896 - Possible conflict between Microsoft Security Essentials and SAS® 9.1.3 and SAS® 9.2

40459 - Adding the location for the SAS WORK library to the excluded files and locations list in Microsoft Security Essentials

for SN 38896, SAS 9.3 is also included even though it is not in the title.

Ken_oy
Fluorite | Level 6

, I added the new WORK location to MS essentials, and till now no more such kind of errors. It seems like a MS essential authorization related issue. Thanks for the suggestion!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation