BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
michaeltro
Fluorite | Level 6

I've written a program to import a CSV and export an xml file to a SharePoint folder.  All works well except that I get an "Error: File is in use" error the next time I run the program.  I have to restart EG and I get a sas.exe error when closing the program.  Below is the code.  Any suggestions?  It's annoying that I have to restart the program everytime I make a change as I test edits to the program.

libname t1 xml '\\xxx.net\corpsys\assessment-testing-program\XML Files\req_candidates.xml' xmltype=MSACCESS xmlmeta=schemadata xmlschema=xsd XMLENCODING='UTF-8';
filename xsd '\\xxx.net\corpsys\assessment-testing-program\XML Files\req_candidate.xsd';
data t1.auto_req_candidates;
      set WORK.auto_req_candidates;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Close both the filename and t1 references.

libname t1;
filename xsd clear;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Have you tried clearing the T1 libref?
michaeltro
Fluorite | Level 6
This worked. Also cleared xsd to be safe. Program works fine now. Thanks! Too bad you can't mark both replies as a solution.
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

you picked the right one. 🙂

Reeza
Super User

Close both the filename and t1 references.

libname t1;
filename xsd clear;
michaeltro
Fluorite | Level 6
Looks like clearing t1 was the issue, but cleared xsd to be safe. Works fine now. Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation