BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Siddhartha
Calcite | Level 5
I want to do the encryption for the importing /exporting different file formats.
How can I do this in SAS.

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,
Siddhartha
2 REPLIES 2
art297
Opal | Level 21
Siddhartha,

Do you mean encryption, or encoding, or something else. Can you provide some examples of the from/to formats you want to work with, and what you want to accomplish?

Art
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Also, I'm not sure that this is really a DATA step or Macro question, since you refer to IMPORT and EXPORT of file types. If you have encrypted files, you may need to issue an operating system command to "unencrypt" them prior to IMPORT into SAS. If you EXPORT data from SAS and you subsequently need to encrypt the exported, external file (maybe an .MDB file or .DBF file??) then, again, you may need to issue an operating system command to "encrypt" the file after SAS has created it. Tech Support may be your best resource for this question, as suggested in my other response to this question in the ODS forum.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation