BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ujjawal
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Experts,

How can i tell SAS to notify me via email once macro finished processing? Also, can i mention in the email processing time - time taken by macro with the attachment CSV file generated by macro?

%macro replace (input= prac.file1,stats=median,vars=Q1-Q5,output=replaced);

* Generate analysis results ;

proc means data=&input noprint;

var &vars;

output out=dummy (drop=_type_ _freq_) &stats= / autoname;

run;

* Convert to vertical ;

proc transpose data=dummy out=dummy;

run;

* Replace missing with analysis results ;

data &output;

set &input;

array vars &vars ;

do i =1 to dim(vars);

set dummy(keep=col1) point= i ;

vars(i)=coalesce(vars(i),col1);

drop col1 ;

end;

run; 

Proc export outfile = &output data ='\user\ujjwal'

dbms =csv;

run;

%mend;

Options mprint nosymbolgen;

%replace (input= prac.file1,stats= median,vars=Q1-Q5,output=replaced);

2 REPLIES 2
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

hi

You can send emails from a SAS program using FILENAME statement with the EMAIL access method, see here for more information SAS(R) 9.4 Statements: Reference, Third Edition

sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Also, as to your question about capturing/reporting processing-time:  the SAS DATA step function DATETIME() can capture the current date/time into either a SAS DATA step variable or also using SYMPUT you can capture the character-string equivalent to a SAS macro variable.  With this coding technique applied, then any SAS code-piece can have a pre-processing (initialization) DATETIME() data capture and a post-processing (clean-up) execution to derive an elapsed time.

And with this information, your options are to either make use of MACRO variable "passing" between the initialization and clean-up code-points to derive an elapsed-time data value -- or otherwise more simplified approach having a SAS temporary dataset with the variable containing the start-time and then having the end-time to compute a duration-execution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation