BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
F_S
Calcite | Level 5 F_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

SAS gives me the following error: The function LENGHTC is unknown, or cannot be accessed.

This occurs after I give the following commands:

data b;
text="a ba ckjp";
lenght_text=lenghtc(text);
run;

I check this document but I may have missed some steps... http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002283942.htm

Thanks to all for any tip. 

Best regards,

fbs

7 REPLIES 7
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Oh for the want of a proper IDE with code completion...

ballardw
Super User

@Kurt_Bremser wrote:

SAS should replace the Enhanced Editor with a properly configured port of emacs ...

But what would happen if the Editor tries to correct the spelling but you have a custom defined function of LenghtC? I'm a little leery of programs that try to "help" too much.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

It doesn't need to correct your typing so much, but it can provide autocomplete which shows valid options in a list to choose from, here is a snippet from Sharpdevelop:

Capture.PNG

Typing len would automatically show a list of functions/types associated with that prefix.  Yes, I know the EE has abbreviations, its really a half hearted attempt though.  Try almost all IDE's (or even text editors) they all have it. Note in the above dataGrid1 is mine, so it automatically assumes thats the most prominent.  

F_S
Calcite | Level 5 F_S
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot! 

Greatly appreciated!

AbhishekPr
Fluorite | Level 6

@F_S  SAS could not recognise this function due to syntax error, misspelled lengthc (arg),

lenght_text=lenghtc(text);

Please refer the above syntax

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation