BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
askWinters
Calcite | Level 5
Upon installing SAS on Windows 7 64bit, the standard user tries to open the application and gets the following message. Please let me know how to fix this issue. Thank you.

ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for library SASUSER.
NOTE: Unable to initialize the options subsystem.
ERROR: (SASXKINI): PHASE 3 KERNEL INITIALIZATION FAILED.
UNABLE TO INITIALIZE THE SAS KERNEL
3 REPLIES 3
Alana_Sealy
SAS Employee
I believe this thread is in the wrong forum. This forum is intended for the interaction of SAS with Assistive Technologies like Screen Readers, Voice Recognition Programs, and Screen Magnifiers.

Perhaps you can try posting against the "SAS procedures" forum. It is much more active and someone there might have more information or be able to point you to the right direction.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Ummm Alana_Sealy.

"This forum is intended for the interaction of SAS with Assistive Technologies like Screen Readers, Voice Recognition Programs, and Screen Magnifiers. "

I think you have the wrong forum 😉

This was posted in "SAS Discussion Forums » SAS Macro Facility, Data Step and SAS Language Elements "

This post is a good example why we need an ADMIN formum, Requested many times but to no success...

To OP, what SAS version are you using? Does the standard user have access to the SASUSER Location?

Barry Message was edited by: twocanbazza
LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8
I don't have any experience with this error, but I tried googling the error message(s) and got several hits that may be helpful.

Based on one of the hits (SAS-L forum discussion), it may be more appropriate to ask tech support as it was realated to read permissions to one of the sas DLL's and making sure that you have admin rights when installing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation