Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am getting this error when runining the below code 

NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.SASREPORT13(EGSR) Body file: EGSR
25 GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;

27 proc sql outobs=10;
28 (
29 select * from nz_creditdw_pl.bo_master_test
ERROR: Librefs are restricted to eight characters. nz_creditdw_pl has been truncated.
30 );

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It's all there: you used an invalid name for the library. Library references can have at most eight characters. Fix that, and then check for the error in the subject.

@josephsas wrote:

ERROR: Librefs are restricted to eight characters. nz_creditdw_pl has been truncated.

josephsas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

Thanks for replying i am new on sas been using sql. I changed that and put this but still getting some error. Can you please assist

27 proc sql;
29 create table dwpl.Acc_num
30 as
31 select * from datamart.ac_num
33 quit;
ERROR: You cannot create or delete datasets, views or indexes in this mode. Try the option METAOUT=DATA. Use Proc Metalib to create
metadata for datasets.

josephsas
Calcite | Level 5
Hi

I have changed the code please see below now I am getting a different error. I am sorry I am very much new on sas

27 proc sql;
29 create table dwpl.Acc_num
30 as
31 select * from datamart.ac_num
33 quit;
ERROR: You cannot create or delete datasets, views or indexes in this mode. Try the option METAOUT=DATA. Use Proc Metalib to create

metadata for datasets.

josephsas
Calcite | Level 5
I assign it in the libname statement

Yavuz
Quartz | Level 8
I think you are working on server and maybe there is an authorization problem. Are you using sas eg ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation