BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

Hi, 

Any idea how I can resolve this error please?

52 proc sql;
54 connect to Oracle as SUMMIT (user="bawmeur" password=XXXXXXXXX
55 path="(DESCRIPTION =
56 (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = tcp)(HOST = 10.70.65.132)(PORT = 1521))
57 (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = bawmeur)))");
59 /*TOES*/
61 create table static.ToE_&runmonth. as
SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable RUNMONTH resolves to 201702
62 select mortgage
63 ,input(appl_seq,best2.) as appl_seq
64 ,printvar
65 from connection to summit
66 (
67 SELECT mortgage
68 ,applseq as appl_seq
69 ,printvar
70 FROM sat02
71 WHERE document = 'RAREASON'
72 AND status = 'Y'
73 AND printvar = 'RAToE'
74 );
NOTE: Compressing data set STATIC.TOE_201702 increased size by 33.33 percent.
Compressed is 16 pages; un-compressed would require 12 pages.
ERROR: Rename of temporary member for STATIC.TOE_201702.DATA failed.
File may be found in /opt/sas/data/uk/reporting/mortgage bible/static data.

76 /*PORTS*/
78 create table static.ports_&runmonth. as
SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable RUNMONTH resolves to 201702
79 select mortgage,
80 PurposeCode
81 from connection to summit
82 (
83 SELECT distinct MORTGAGE
84 ,PURPOSECODE
85 ,ACC_CHARGE_TERM_START_DATE
86 FROM acm01
87 WHERE PURPOSECODE in ('PT','PN','RA') and accStatus='L' and ACC_CHARGE_TERM_START_DATE is not null
88 )
89 group by mortgage
90 having ACC_CHARGE_TERM_START_DATE=max(ACC_CHARGE_TERM_START_DATE);
NOTE: The query requires remerging summary statistics back with the original data.
NOTE: Compression was disabled for data set STATIC.PORTS_201702 because compression overhead would increase the size of the data
set.
ERROR: Rename of temporary member for STATIC.PORTS_201702.DATA failed.
File may be found in /opt/sas/data/uk/reporting/mortgage bible/static data.

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Have you looked through the various other posts on here of a similar nature, for example:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Base-SAS-Programming/Rename-of-temporary-member-xxxx-failed/m-p/67787...

I would imagine you have run out of disc space, don't have access to that area, or there is a lck file there already (i.e. the file is open from something else).  

Callicles
Calcite | Level 5

I am not an expert, but I recently began experiencing this same problem. I reviewed some of the previous posts. Many of them suggest that the problem is associated with two or more computer processes competing for the same file or disk space. While this more likely occurs in network settings, it may also occur in settings where you are using personal disk management software such as Diskeeper (as suggested in other posts). I believe my problem was more akin to this latter situation. I am not connected to a network, but I recently began using cloud storage applications to allow me to access my work from multiple locations. My libraries were located in a folder that was setup to synchronize with Google Drive. After moving my library to another location not synchronized with cloud storage, the problem appears to have been resolved.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation