DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Does %superq work with a construct like &&x&i ?

Accepted Solution Solved
Trusted Advisor
Accepted Solution

Does %superq work with a construct like &&x&i ?

I have many macro variables, &x1, &x2, &x3 ... containing text strings. I loop through all of them, using &&x&i to refer to each variable.

In one or more of the text strings, there might a percent sign or ampersand, for example the text string assigned to &x3 is: Image_Test BfCent_AB (%rms) 114

I want to use the %superq so that SAS will not resolve the apparent macro referece %rms in the text strign.

I'd like to use something like %superq(&&x&i) in my loop, but of course that won't work within %superq. Is there a modification or workaround that would allow this to work?

I have tried %nrbquote(&&x&i) and that appears to work, but I get a worrisome WARNING in the SASLog that says:

Apparent invocation of macro RMS not resolved.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-09-2013 02:17 PM
Respected Advisor

Re: Does %superq work with a construct like &&x&i ?

Posted in reply to PaigeMiller

Try this %superQ(X&i)

With SUPERQ you "point" the location of the data you want quote.  With NRBQUOTE you quote the resolved value of a macro variable reference.  Or something like that.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-09-2013 02:17 PM
Respected Advisor

Posted in reply to PaigeMiller

Try this %superQ(X&i)

With SUPERQ you "point" the location of the data you want quote.  With NRBQUOTE you quote the resolved value of a macro variable reference.  Or something like that.

Trusted Advisor

Posted in reply to data_null__

Yes, that works. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments. Thanks again, data _null_

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation