BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have many macro variables, &x1, &x2, &x3 ... containing text strings. I loop through all of them, using &&x&i to refer to each variable.

In one or more of the text strings, there might a percent sign or ampersand, for example the text string assigned to &x3 is: Image_Test BfCent_AB (%rms) 114

I want to use the %superq so that SAS will not resolve the apparent macro referece %rms in the text strign.

I'd like to use something like %superq(&&x&i) in my loop, but of course that won't work within %superq. Is there a modification or workaround that would allow this to work?

I have tried %nrbquote(&&x&i) and that appears to work, but I get a worrisome WARNING in the SASLog that says:

Apparent invocation of macro RMS not resolved.

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Try this %superQ(X&i)

With SUPERQ you "point" the location of the data you want quote.  With NRBQUOTE you quote the resolved value of a macro variable reference.  Or something like that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Try this %superQ(X&i)

With SUPERQ you "point" the location of the data you want quote.  With NRBQUOTE you quote the resolved value of a macro variable reference.  Or something like that.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, that works. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments. Thanks again, data _null_

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation