BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

How do you disable this SAS pop-up? Have clicked on the 'Don't show this dialog box again' but it still re-appears every time I start up a SAS session. Please advice.

sas_popup.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

I got a reply from SAS regarding this and it solved my problem.

I added the -NOTUTORIALDLG in my sas config file.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suspect this behaviour is due to your SASUSER library being set to read-only so customisations can't be saved.

To confirm if this is the case run: PROC OPTIONS and check if the RSASUSER option is set.

antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

I ran the proc options as suggested. and I get this result in regards to SASUSER :-

NORSASUSER Opens the Sasuser library in Write mode.

Reeza
Super User

Look at the message in the log, right behind your pop up. When you make this change make sure it's in the only SAS instance running so the options can be saved. 

ShiroAmada
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The option to disable may have been applied to your original (first sas session).  Any new session, sas will revert to default.  And log says something about your settings too.

antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

I probably should have updated in detail how I get this pop-up screen. This screen is disabled in my initial screen when I start SAS for the first time but when another SAS session is triggered ( e.g. when a local SAS ODBC connection is invoked), then I get this pop-up screen on my second SAS session.

antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a sas option that I could use?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This is a "feature" of opening a second SAS Windowing Environment session. Your first session has locked the SASUSER.PROFILE catalog where your preference is stored, so the second session is unable to open it.

If you started BOTH of your sessions with the -RSASUSER option I think it will disable the pop-up. You could test this from the Windows Run box by running SAS -RSASUSER twice. 

antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

I used that option on my startup sas but it did not work. My code starts up a separate SAS session for an ODBC connection as it's refreshing a pivot table from a SAS table and that SAS session still has the pop-up.

If I run multiple SAS sessions on my PC, it does not show the pop-up for each session.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In that case you haven't fully explained how you are starting your problematic SAS session and what it is doing. Please provide these details.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

- Start a SAS session with norsasuser

- disable the popup

- close the SAS session

- change the option in the configuration to rsasuser

After that, all concurrent SAS sessions should have read access to your sasuser.profile and respect the setting.

antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt,

I tried your suggestion but it still shows the pop-up screen only when the main sas session triggers another SAS screen e.g. the ODBC connect session.

antenga
Obsidian | Level 7

I got a reply from SAS regarding this and it solved my problem.

I added the -NOTUTORIALDLG in my sas config file.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation