BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mano
Calcite | Level 5

hi,

I have a listing where 1st part is on 1st page so the title for first page would be Listing xx (part 1 of 2).

for title 2nd page would be Listing (part 2 of 2).

Is there any way, so that all odd pages have ;listing xx (part 1 of 2) and all even pages have title Listing xx (part 2 of 2).

Thanks in advance,

Mano.

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

What destination are you using and what does your code look like to report?

mano
Calcite | Level 5

.lst output.

Its an AE listing..My variables are Usubjid , trtgroup, AEseq, AEonset ,resolution date, AEBODSYS, would be on first page. then usubjid, trtgroup, AE seq, AEser, AEsev, AErel,  AEacn , Outcome would be on second page.

Thanks for your attention,

Mano.

Reeza
Super User

I'm sorry, I don't have enough info to help, hopefully someone else understands your question better.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Looks like you could generate the two parts of your report as two separate tables. That way you would have complete control over the titles of each part. - PG

PG
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It is very hard to do "page x of y" page numbering in LISTING output. Basically, there is no automated way to do it except with a DATA _NULL_ program, where you would keep track of the number of lines per page and would issue explicit page breaks for every page, which would allow you to keep track of the even or odd pages and what was being written on every page.

If you used ODS PDF or ODS RTF, then you could use ODS ESCAPECHAR to write the output. Of course, you could also write the output in landscape mode, so it might all fit on one page.

Many of my students no longer use LISTING output for their clinical trial and AE reports. For example, here are some papers that show using ODS HTML, RTF and other non-LISTING destinations:

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/052-31.pdf

http://www.lexjansen.com/mwsug/2012/PH/MWSUG-2012-PH04.pdf

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2011/CC15.Zhang.pdf

Perhaps they will help give you a different perspective on the ways to do reports. You might also consider searching on www.lexjansen.com for more papers about Adverse Event reporting.

cynthia

mano
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the links. It help me a lot in writing advanced or complex reports.

Thanks once again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation