BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Melk
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am running a 2 sample wilcoxon and also supplementing my p-value with with medians using proc means. However, the number of obs in each are different: proc means reports I have 3 in my class variable whereas npar1way reports I have 2. What can be the reason for this?

proc means data=x median;
    where group = "A";
    class sub;
    var change;
run;

proc npar1way data=x wilcoxon;
    where group = "A";
    class sub;
    var change;
    exact;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You can add 'nmiss' to your PROC MEANS statement to try to examine missingness of the continuous variables at the class level. 

Or, have you tried running a PROC FREQ to examine the categorical variables and their frequencies. That might help.

Such as 

PROC FREQ DATA=X;

TABLES SUB;

TABLES GROUP;

TABLES SUB*GROUP;

RUN;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You can add 'nmiss' to your PROC MEANS statement to try to examine missingness of the continuous variables at the class level. 

Or, have you tried running a PROC FREQ to examine the categorical variables and their frequencies. That might help.

Such as 

PROC FREQ DATA=X;

TABLES SUB;

TABLES GROUP;

TABLES SUB*GROUP;

RUN;

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In PROC MEANS, "NObs" is the total number of observations in each group. It includes missing and nonmissing. To see the number of observations that are used in the analysis, put N and NMISS on the PROC MEANS statement:

proc means data=x N NMISS median ;
    where group = "A";
    class sub;
    var change;
run;

The "N" column should match the "N" column in NPAR1WAy.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation