DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Determining the remote SAS version

Contributor

Determining the remote SAS version

Hi,

I am using SAS 9.3 on my Windows system through which I can connect to SAS 9.3/9.4 on the remote UNIX server.

For determing the SAS version of the PC SAS, I am using statement:-

version=symget("sysver");
textentry1.text=version;

But I want to determine the SAS version on UNIX server to which my PC SAS is connected to. Please suggest code.

Super User

Re: Determining the remote SAS version

You can submit the same code via RSUBMIT?
Contributor

@Reeza: I am using the below code snippet in my SCL file:

submit continue;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
rsubmit;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
%let sas_ver;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

data _null_;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
      sas_ver= "&sysver";                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
      run;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
endrsubmit;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
endsubmit;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

textentry1.text=sas_ver; 

But the value is not getting populated in the textentry. Please help.

Super User

Your SAS code is incorrect, it doesn't do anything. If you want to create a macro variable use CALL SYMPUTX and or SYSRPUT/SYSLPUT to move the macro variable to the local drive from the server.

Your current code creates a variable (not a macro variable) but you don't create a dataset so it doesn't do anything over.
Super User

The same, just rsubmit that code.

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation