BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aditi24
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using SAS 9.3 on my Windows system through which I can connect to SAS 9.3/9.4 on the remote UNIX server.

For determing the SAS version of the PC SAS, I am using statement:-

version=symget("sysver");
textentry1.text=version;

But I want to determine the SAS version on UNIX server to which my PC SAS is connected to. Please suggest code.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
You can submit the same code via RSUBMIT?
Aditi24
Obsidian | Level 7

@Reeza: I am using the below code snippet in my SCL file:

submit continue;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
rsubmit;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
%let sas_ver;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

data _null_;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
      sas_ver= "&sysver";                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
      run;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
endrsubmit;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
endsubmit;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

textentry1.text=sas_ver; 

But the value is not getting populated in the textentry. Please help.

Reeza
Super User
Your SAS code is incorrect, it doesn't do anything. If you want to create a macro variable use CALL SYMPUTX and or SYSRPUT/SYSLPUT to move the macro variable to the local drive from the server.

Your current code creates a variable (not a macro variable) but you don't create a dataset so it doesn't do anything over.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The same, just rsubmit that code.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation