BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mglogan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I need to determine if the lab collection method for each subject in my data set was collected consistently throughout the study.

To Illustrate, the variables I will use are "Lab Location" and "Subject ID." Each subject has multiple observations in the data set.

I need to determine if the value of "Lab Location" (Character) is the same for all observations per Subject ID. if not, I need to output to view the result. 

Example Data:

SubjectID  LabLocation Visit

Subj123     Lab                     1
Subj123     Lab                     2
Subj123     Point of Care      3

Can you recommend the best method for doing this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
proc sql;
create table not_same as
select *
from have
group by subjectID
having not (max(labLocation)=Min(labLocation));
quit;

@mglogan wrote:

Hello,

I need to determine if the lab collection method for each subject in my data set was collected consistently throughout the study.

To Illustrate, the variables I will use are "Lab Location" and "Subject ID." Each subject has multiple observations in the data set.

I need to determine if the value of "Lab Location" (Character) is the same for all observations per Subject ID. if not, I need to output to view the result. 

Example Data:

Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User
proc sql;
create table not_same as
select *
from have
group by subjectID
having not (max(labLocation)=Min(labLocation));
quit;

@mglogan wrote:

Hello,

Example Data:

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation