BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sobrio40
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

SAS became a bit glitchy starting yesterday. It takes about 45 seconds to open and has been freezing up. IT tracked it down using the logs, and discovered it was related to a changed file path on a central folder in the file service. It just so happens I was using that folder in my 'Favorite Folders' section of the SAS Explorer. 

I can't open Favorite Folders directly. I also can't use the recommended libname x '.'; I'm wondering if I can delete the subfolders from Favorite Folders elsewhere in SAS, or do so in Windows Explorer. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @sobrio40

The information is stored within the C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\My SAS Files\9.x\regstry.sas7bitm

If you move that file to a different location, it will be recreated upon your next SAS session and you won't have your previous Favorite Folders.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

sobrio40
Fluorite | Level 6

This is great to know!

I also found, just moments ago, that if I wait long enough I can actually open 'Favorite Folders', right click on the desired folder and, after waiting a bit more, can eventually delete directly in SAS.....it just takes a bit more patience. Apparently I didn't wait long enough yesterday.

Thanks!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation