BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcis7
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I use base SAS but when I double click on a SAS file to open it (base SAS is not yet open), the file opens in Enterprise (which I'm not yet familiar with). How do I get SAS to default to opening my files in base SAS?  Screenshot of menu avaiable when I select Start, Programs on my computer, attached.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

Image doesn't appear to be attached.

In the SAS program folder (from the start menu all programs) you may have a sub-folder about Renewal and Utilities. Look in there for the Manage Files utility. That will allow setting the default program for SAS related files if it is there.

jcis7
Pyrite | Level 9

Sorry, screenshot attached

SAS Menu.png
ccarel
Fluorite | Level 6

Also when you open files - you can right click on the program/file you are opening and select open with SAS Base vs. SAS EG.

rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

I believe it is possible to uninstall EG. Also I think you can install SAS without EG, EG is very large?

jcis7
Pyrite | Level 9
Is EG Enterpise? I'd like to learn to Enterprise it as I have trainings available to me. Thanks.
ccarel
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes - EG = Enterprise Guide = or perhaps called Enterprise for some 😄

Having converted - I prefer EG and I like being able to organize all my SAS programs.

It's also made for non-programmers where you can point and click.

But if you keep your style and program - you can use EG at least for organization if nothing else 🙂 (although EG can do a TON of things)

DorotheaBeck
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have the same problem but no admin rights - and our admin has just left the company... Is there any solution that will work for a non-admin user? I have tried the start -< all programs -> SAS menu but do not see the manage tasks utility, so cannot try this. Also, I cannot even see my SAS programs from the SAS 9.4 -> open file menu.

Thanks in advance,

Dorothea

error_prone
Barite | Level 11
Setting default program for a file type does not require admin rights, as long as you don't use the tool provided by sas, but the OS included way. Google will tell you what to do - AFAIK the steps depend on the version of ms windows.
DorotheaBeck
Calcite | Level 5

thanks, I will try that

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation