BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PujaDas
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Team,
I am new in sas programming. Can anyone help me to build the logic of the below.
Here the date is assigned as a char And we are getting output in pdf as for example 03/03/2017. Now the requirement is to change the ouput date look to 03-MAR-17.
Please help me out how it is possible to do.

Thsnks,
Puja
3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

You need to show how you're using the date and we can then show you how to change the format. 

art297
Opal | Level 21

1. Converting a character date to a SAS date: SASDateVariableName=input(yourdatevariable, anydtdte.);

2. Assign the desired format: format ASDateVariableName mmddyyD10.;

Other variants of that format can be found at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000590662.htm

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Astounding
PROC Star

Well, I would never show you have to get a date with a two-digit year.  I hope this is close enough:

data want;

length mydate $ 11;

set have;

mydate = put(input(mydate, mmddyy10.), date11.);

run;

That's assuming that 03/03/2017 is actually in MMDDYY form, rather than DDMMYY form.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation