BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
apxprdtr10
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have time format as 00:01:00 to 24:00:00 in repetition. when i  import the data set i gets automatically converted into some anonymous format. i have 20000 observations and i takes value as same as number of observations. Could anyone tell me why it is happening?

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

We'd have to see examples of the data you imported, the code you used, and what you end up getting after importing the data. It's always possible that the import worked correctly and what you're getting are numbers that represent the number of seconds since midnight. If that is the case, you simply need to apply a time format, but your subject line mentions datetime.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

apxprdtr10
Calcite | Level 5

I really appreciate your reply and i think you didn't understand my question.

Here i once again trying to clear my question.

I am importing a dataset having 'time' variable and format as time.

time

and now i want this time variable as 

05:15

06:20

07:10

10:35

Thanks.

ballardw
Super User

One way assuming the value time is currently numeric:

data want;
   input time  ;
   time = hms(floor(time/100),mod(time,100),0);
   format time tod5.;
datalines;
;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation