BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

Hi, does anyone have a list of Date formats at all please?

As an example I have %let date=201606 so I will have yymmn6. but I don't have any others.

Many Thanks

Steve

5 REPLIES 5

Thank you

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Do note, there were formats added for version 9, ISO ones for instance.  You would be better looking at a later version's webpage:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a001263753.htm

For the OP: Putting dates in macro variables is never a good idea.  You may think that text string is a date format, it is not, it is purely text.  Any opertaion on it would need bth conversion, and checking to to make sure its correct, 3 times the effort, no benefit.

Thanks RW9!

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

Here are links to the online SAS 9.4 doc for formats by category, and for informats by category.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation