BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rvsidhu035
Quartz | Level 8

DROP USED AS STATEMENT IN PROC PROCEDURES

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21

I think the answer you are looking for is that the drop statement is only applicable to a SAS datastep. The drop dataset option can be used with a SAS procedure if the procedure has a data option.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Is that a question of some sort? 
Please don't use ALL CAPS unless you're trying to emphasize something specific, for example I use it to denote key words that refer to SAS specific topics but not for general text. It's typically considered the internet version of yelling.

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

What's your question?

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Please post questions using full text, presenting test data, required output and logic used.  Shouting "DROP USED..." is not particularly friendly towards the community members here, nor will it get you any help.

rvsidhu035
Quartz | Level 8

THIS IS INTERVIEW QUESTION HOW TO EXPLAIN IT

Reeza
Super User

IT'S INVALID.

@rvsidhu035 wrote:

THIS IS INTERVIEW QUESTION HOW TO EXPLAIN IT

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

IMHO,You need to learn and be aware of etiquette and style to ask or share your ideas with most appropriate questions rather than shallow statements and interview questions. The idea is to get the community interested in your question to participate in a discussion. Otherwise, i'm afraid most will ignore. All the best!

art297
Opal | Level 21

I think the answer you are looking for is that the drop statement is only applicable to a SAS datastep. The drop dataset option can be used with a SAS procedure if the procedure has a data option.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 5 in conversation