DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAS STUDIO ,SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE,SAS windows environment

New Contributor

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAS STUDIO ,SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE,SAS windows environment

I am new to sas can any body tell me what is the difference between sas studio,sas enterprise guide and sas windows environment

SAS Super FREQ

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAS STUDIO ,SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE,SAS windows environment

Posted in reply to SRINIVAS_N

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2017/04/12/whats-your-sas-interface/

PS. Display manager, DM, and SAS windowing environment all refer to the same thing.

Frequent Contributor

Posted in reply to SRINIVAS_N

Old to new:

Sas Windows (DMS)

EG

SAS Studio

Best to worst (balance of technical vs functionality):

EG

SAS Studio

DMS

Preferred by seasoned SAS users:

DMS

EG

SAS Studio

Pick your platform. If I had my druthers, I would use EG. Best mix, powerful, sharp developers, etc. SAS Studio looks really good but early loaf in oven. Try it out and watch the progress. Long-term? Probably the winner but could be a bit out. DMS is like ISPF. Takes some getting used to so I wouldn't try unless you are a seasoned SAS pro. It is not better, just an old security blanket a lot of us like.

My opinion, YMMV.

PROC Star

My feeling, personal opinion only, is that we're going to see DM start to fall by the wayside, as it needs to be kept current for multiple platforms, which is a tremendoius expense.

EG and Studio have very similar concepts underlying them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see them start to merge, with EG being the fat client, more functionality version (simply because you can do more with a Windows fat client), and Studio becoming what you use when all you have is access to a browser. I think an investment in learning either of them will be well worth it.

Tom

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation