BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

So I installed SAS Version 9.3 and made some customizations to make it how I liked but then the next time I opened it up it said this in the log window:

WARNING: Unable to copy SASUSER registry to WORK registry. Because of this,
WARNING: you will not see registry customizations during this session.

And the customizations I made the previous time are now gone.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A possible cause is that you do not have write access to your SASUSER directory. Check that you can write to this directory by copying a file there using Windows Explorer. You can use the SAS Explorer to locate where your SASUSER directory is.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I get that message when I have two instances of SAS open at once (or one EGuide and one SAS).  The second one in loses.

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

N6

Take control

Plan to define sasuser where you want it

Expect to make your customisations and save and reuse them

Stop using the default install

See the paper i gave at sas global forum on customising your foundation SAS client more easily and with less risk. The presentation is also available in theTakeOut section.

Peter Crawford

n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

If I can find the paper and if it's not too difficult then I may do it.  Sometimes doing something in theory sounds like a good idea but doing it in fact turns out to be harder.

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

My earlier paper 237-31.pdf spoke more about customising display manager, but it sounds like you need the easy way to avoid contention between EG and base SAS for the sasuser area and this year's paper shows the easy way to that solution.

Good luck

Peter

n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

It did let me copy a file into Sasuser, so that wasn't it.  And it's working now so I don't know what was wrong before but it might have been the thing about having two SAS sessions open at once, because I did do that now and then.  Thanks for all the replies.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation