BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iabbass
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to create a volatile table in teradata using pro ds2 but I get the following error message

LIBNAME _tdwork TERADATA SERVER=tdb AUTHDOMAIN=TeradataAuth MODE=teradata
DBMSTEMP=yes CONNECTION=global
query_band="SYS_PROJECT=&sys_project.;SYS_GROUP=&sys_group.;";

proc ds2;
data _tdwork.cars;
method run();
set cars;
end;
enddata;
run;
quit;

ERROR: Compilation error. ERROR: General error No more room in database ABBCC. ERROR: Unable to execute CREATE TABLE statement for table _tdwork.cars.

But if I change the destination to the permanent library in teradata, the codes run without any problem

libname _DATALAB TERADATA server=tdb schema=&SYS_DATALAB AUTHDOMAIN=teradataauth
		query_band="SYS_PROJECT=&sys_project.;SYS_GROUP=&sys_group.;";

proc ds2; 
	data _datalab.cars; 
		method run(); 
		set cars; 
	end; 
	enddata; 
run; 
quit; 

Using a data step creates the volatile table with no problem

data _tdwork.cars; 
set cars; 
run; 

using the fastload=yes option to upload data to the temporary library also gives the following error

data _tdwork.cars(fastload=yes); 
set cars; 
run; 

ERROR: Teradata connection: No more room in database ABBACC. Correct error and restart as an APPEND process with option 
        TPT_RESTART=YES. Since no checkpoints were taken, if the previous run used FIRSTOBS=n, use the same value in the restart.
 NOTE: The DATA step has been abnormally terminated.
 NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
 NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.CARS.
 WARNING: The data set _TDWORK.car may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 15 variables.
 ERROR: ROLLBACK issued due to errors for data set _TDWORK.cars.DATA.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Check with your DBAs what they see on their side (if they are the kind to reply to emails that is).

It looks like one method (proc DS2) uses resources that the other method (data step) doesn't need.

My hunch is that the data step processes one record a at time and therefore needs has low "temp" space needs, but who knows... 

In any case the message is clear: No more room for what you are trying to do.

Unless someone with deep knowledge of Teradata (and DS2) can answer your question here, I'd try to solve this with the DBAs.

Once you've solved the issue, please kindly post what you have learnt. Many here would undoubtedly be interested.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation