BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

Reeza - thank you for your patience - this is not how I usually code so I had to work through it a bit but I think this part is SOLVED.  I would tag you but I do not see a way to do that. 🙂  Have a good evening.

Reeza
Super User

@cbrotz wrote:

So I made a couple more changes below....zeroed out a field I am calling roll_tot at each break and then adding "sum_of_billings to that field to accumulate.  I changed "mean" to "sum".  I am not sure how that is going to affect the overall results but they look good from what I am seeing.

data ret_avg12;

set work.summary_ret_data;

by group_status fcst_prod_grp yyyymm;

array values(12) _temporary_;

if first.fcst_prod_grp then do;

call missing(of values(*));

count=0;

roll_tot=0;

end;

count+1;

roll_tot+sum_of_billings; *-> This line is wrong;

values(mod(count, 12)+1) = sum_of_billings;

if count>=12 then roll_tot=sum(of values(*));

format roll_tot dollar12.2;

run;

Reeza
Super User

@cbrotz wrote:

Perhaps once I get a working example I will understand it better.

Both examples posted are fully worked examples with BY groups/breaks exactly like yours with also exactly a 12 month lag. The only difference is the source data set and variables and replace MEAN with the word SUM. 

cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you!
cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9
Oh sorry I did not know how to delete and change the solution...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation