BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_Forum
Calcite | Level 5

HI

query(1)i am having different schemas in a data base (Database name is Mainsd)in mysql the schemas are like sd1,sd2,sd3,sd4 i want to use the tables in
sas,my first question is i should create different libnames to each schemas how should i create the libnames

2 REPLIES 2
sas_Forum
Calcite | Level 5

HI

query(1)i am having different schemas in a data base (Database name is Mainsd)in mysql the schemas are like sd1,sd2,sd3,sd4 i want to use the tables in
sas,my first question is i should create different libnames to each schemas how should i create the libnames

2) I want to connect to another database the name of database is Tempsd and this does not have the schemas how can i connect to it by libname

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

To, question 1, you can create separate libnames for each schema.  The syntax is in the manual.  You could also use a passthru query to put the processing burden on the mysql server.  Ditto for syntax.  (I don't use mysql, so you can look up the syntax as easily as I can.)

I often find it easier to use an interactive tool to connect to the database and get the shells together (I like advanced query tool, but there are lots) and then copy the final product into my SAS passthru.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation