DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Counting consecutive months

Occasional Contributor

Counting consecutive months

Hello,

I'm trying to count six continuous eligible months or more in one calender year for a particular recepient in health insurance industry. For example, please find the sample data below:

Member_ID   Begin_Month    Begin_Year   End_Month     End_Year

1                         3                     2008                4                   2008

1                         5                     2008                8                    2008

1                         9                     2008                11                  2008

2                        1                     2008                 2                   2008

2                         5                     2008                12                  2009

I'm trying to see if a member is eligible for a continuous period of six months during that particular year. The original data set has over 80,000 Member ID's. Could you please help me out with any suggestions.

Thank you.

Super User

Re: Counting consecutive months

What do you mean by " is eligible for a continuous period of six months during that particular year."  ?

How do you define continuous period of six months? it is for an individual row or Member_ID  ?

And you did not post the output you want to see yet , it is important . 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation