BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chiefsfan4ever
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to copy and save the a program that you have open into another directory automatically?  For instance,  I have a production version of SAS open and I run it.  I would like the SAS program to automatically save and place a copy of itself in another location.

i.e.

Production SAS program located C:\

When it's running it's exporting data to A:\

I want to save and copy the program from C:\ to A:\ automatically.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The simplest way might be to write a batch file to do it.  It really depends on the tools you have available.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

It depends on what you want to achieve.  What value is there in copying a program over once its run, why not save the log there, that would show you what has been run (in full with options turned on).

There are a few ways, the simplest would be to have a main program which copy's this over using system commands - x 'copy "..." "..."';

You could also read the text file in and print it out to another file.

You could also re-direct the log.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation