BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yaswanthj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi..

Can any one help me, there any ways to generate Dataset with SAS V8 using SAS V9.2 

Client Requirement  is to generate the datasets  with SAS version V8.0. I am having the SAS software of V9.2 and trying to do in many ways with Version SAS V9.2, i can not able to convert dataset to V8 using SAS V9.2..

Can any one help, should be appreciated  

With Best Regards,

Yaswanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Try this:

data have;

i=1;

run;

proc contents data=have;run;/*this will tell you the current default engine SAS is using*/

/*This is to create a V8 library*/

libname v_8 v8 "h:\temp\v8";

/*Do the conversion*/

data v_8.have_v8;

set have;run;

/*To verify the engine of new table as V8*/

proc contents data=v_8.have_v8;run;

Haikuo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Try this:

data have;

i=1;

run;

proc contents data=have;run;/*this will tell you the current default engine SAS is using*/

/*This is to create a V8 library*/

libname v_8 v8 "h:\temp\v8";

/*Do the conversion*/

data v_8.have_v8;

set have;run;

/*To verify the engine of new table as V8*/

proc contents data=v_8.have_v8;run;

Haikuo

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yaswanth,

Haikuo's solution will create SAS V8 formatted data sets; we use it regularly.  If your client's requirement is truly to create the datasets "with SAS V8.0", then you have no choice but to license the old version.  Sometimes people in regulated industries are very specific about the software used as well as the data format.

I don't know of any way to back convert SAS catalogs in V8 (e.g. format libraries), so that may be a gotcha.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

perhaps there is still the V7 engine which V8.0 should easily be able to read

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation