BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MitchNussbaum
Calcite | Level 5

We need to use SAS/Access-ODBC to connect to our Oracle databases.

When I use the libname statement:

libname test odbc dsn=ora8_prdb1 user=read password=XXXX schema=public;

SAS connects to the database, but the Explorer window for the "test" library is empty, and I am unable to access any of the tables in the schema. 

If I connect to Oracle with other clients, using the same credentials, I see lots of tables in the "public" schema, so I don't think this is a validation problem.  Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpajoh
Fluorite | Level 6

Your statement:

is correct as long as all upper/lower cases are correct.

Here is one I use to connect to an Oracle database:

libname test odbc user=read password=xxxx dsn='TEST' schema=SCHEMA1 preserve_tab_names=yes;

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mpajoh
Fluorite | Level 6

Your statement:

is correct as long as all upper/lower cases are correct.

Here is one I use to connect to an Oracle database:

libname test odbc user=read password=xxxx dsn='TEST' schema=SCHEMA1 preserve_tab_names=yes;

Good luck

MitchNussbaum
Calcite | Level 5

I didn't think schema-names were case-sensitive on our Oracle database, but when I changed "schema=public" to schema=PUBLIC, I suddenly started seeing the tables in the schema.

So the problem is solved.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation